Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Dove Campaign and Mrs. Boise
Last week I got to speak to Brownie troop 293 with the Silver Sage Girl Scouts using a great tool designated for young girls, the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty. This self esteem program is designed to help young women recognize and celebrate their own brand of beauty. We do activities that are created for young girls to learn the facts behind a positive body image and a healthy self esteem. Seven in Ten girls believe they are not good enough or do not measure up in some way, including their looks, performance in school and relationships with friends and family members. We talk about why we need to love what who we are, take care of our bodies and be proud of our own brand of beauty. It was a lot of fun to listen to all the little girls say “I am beautiful” at the end of the meeting.
Mrs. Boise 2010
- Sondra Mrs. Boise Hosts Party at Her Home
- Mrs. Central Idaho visits Ashley Manor Retirement ...
- Mrs. Southern Idaho helps Missionaries
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids' Sake
- Meridian Firefighter's 2nd Annual Chili Cookoff
- Mrs. Eastern Idaho attends Simplot Games at Idaho ...
- Mrs. Ada County and Mrs. Capital City - Brave Free...
- Mrs. Boise and Mrs. Meridian take the plunge for t...
- Mrs. Southern Idaho - Making a Difference in Her C...
- Mrs. Emmett works with Emmett High School students...
- Mrs. Boise Donates Blood at the American Red Cross...
- Mrs. Meridian speaks to VISIONs Troop
- Mrs. Eagle reads to Eagle Early Learning Center
- Dove Campaign and Mrs. Boise
- ▼ February (14)