blog design

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beverly Hartle ~ Mrs. Meridian 2011










This was going to be a busy day in Meridian! The morning began with blustery snowflakes coming down on our Winterland parade! I could have easily kept the top down and stayed inside the warm, comfortable car with the heated seats warming my tush, but no..I braved the elements and sat atop the car with my umbrella and cruised Main St., Meridian following the wagon picking up droppings from the Clydesdale horse ahead of us. I wondered if my magnetic sign was large enough to properly state my title as "Mrs. Meridian" since I heard the cute bundled up children waving and yelling out, "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Idaho!" and once I surprisingly heard a child yell out, "Hi, Mrs. America!!". Oh..from the mouths of babes! It just warmed my heart..and that's about all it warmed in the 20 degree temps. Mom's helper Zach, trailed beside or mostly behind the car handing out candy to the parade onlookers and was determined to not miss a single child. He's a leader and a service member in the making! Thanks to the kind driver, Scott from Audi of Boise for loaning the car. http://www.volkswagenaudiboise.com/ rocks!!
Following the parade, we were off to defrost and feel our fingers and toes again in the Community Center where the Meridian Parks & Recreation department hosted an event for children to come and take pictures with Santa, drink some hot chocolate, decorate sugar cookies with every kind of sprinkle and gummies they could load on top, paint their faces and make glittered Christmas cards for their familes! HO! HO! HO! I'm so happy to be serving in the community of IDA...HO!! Finally, but certainly not least was the Mayor's Christmas tree lighting that evening. The city displayed on a big screen, the movie "The Grinch" before listening to 5th grade elementary school choirs from Chief Joseph Elementary and a jazz orchestra group from one of the local high schools. Once again, the snow fell reminding us of the season's arrival. Then, speaking of arrivals, Santa arrived by horse and carriage on Main St , followed by his and Mayor Tammy de Weerd count down to the lighting of the tree. The director of the parks and rec., Steve Siddoway held his breath and hoped for the best as the tree lighted and all was a success! There was a contest on who could guess how many lights lighted the tree and I was told that the continuous strand of lights were over a mile long! I think the vote is still out as I haven't heard the numbers come in yet. I am so honored to be a representative in my hometown of MERIDIAN and enjoying the spirit of this wonderful season of Christmas as we celebrate Christ's birth! That's what this is all about!
Merry Christmas,
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

To enter the 2013 Pageant please visit the official Mrs. Idaho Pageant website at www.mrsidahoamerica.com