blog design

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lindsay Campbell ~ Mrs. Boise 2011






On November 10, I volunteered to help out at the "Governor's Brightest Star Awards Ceremony." This ceremony recognizes local individuals, businesses, leaders, corporations and schools who serve through out the state of Idaho. Governor Otter and First Lady Lori were the ones who gave out the awards for volunteerism. Larry Gebert was the host/MC of the event while Gov. Otter and First Lady enjoyed meeting with everyone and handing the awards out. That day truly moved me when I was able to see children to elderly give back in so many ways. I am proud to live in a state where volunteerism is recognized at this level.

On November 12 and 13, I was asked to help show support for Protect Idaho Kids at the Idaho Steelhead's Hockey game in Qwest Arena. What a fun time, I got to help give out tickets, raise awareness to helping support our children in the state of Idaho, go on the ice to give out kids bikes, helmets, gift cards and many other goodies, ride the Zamboni and also meet J.R. Celski who has won two bronze medals in the Olympics, at the ripe young age of 19! He was so incredibly kind and sweet, so was Miss Western Idaho Outstanding Teen, Ashley Stultz! A HUGE thank you to Bruce Wingate and Heather Cooper from Protect Idaho Kids!

On November 28, I was asked by Stage Coach Theater Director to be the MC for the premier opening night of the play "A Christmas Twist." I had such a wonderful time! The evenings events consisted of gathering and waiting for the "stars" of the show to get chauffeured to the red carpet where I got to play "ET host" and interview them! I was pretty creative in asking each questions and got the entire room to laugh with glee! I was able to introduce the producer of the play on stage and thank their seasonal sponsors, who we all know without them, we wouldn't be getting too far! Thank you to Stage Coach for allowing me to be the presenter of the evening and walk the "red carpet" with all the stars of the show!

Lindsay R. Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

To enter the 2013 Pageant please visit the official Mrs. Idaho Pageant website at www.mrsidahoamerica.com